We are pleased to see that you are interested to book a flight ticket. SAS offers the following optional services and fees. For more information, click the links below.
- You can change the time and date of your trip (but not the route) on most trips booked on our website starting
from USD 71 per person and flight within Europe. If the new fare costs more than the original fare, you’ll also need to pay the difference between the fares.
- Changing the name on your ticket costs 80 USD per ticket.
- You can always bring one carry-on bag in the cabin free of charge.
- You can also bring one small personal item on board. This could be a little handbag or a slim laptop case that fits comfortably under the seat in front of you.
- Your ticket type will determine how heavy your carry-on can be
Your ticket type determines if checked baggage is included, or whether you'll need to pay a little extra.
- SAS Business 2 x 32 kg/70 lbs complementary
- SAS Plus 2 x 23 kg/51 lbs complementary
- SAS Go 1 x 23 kg/51 lbs complementary
- SAS Go light fee, same as Additional bag/item extra baggage
- The same fee applies for special baggage as for regular excess baggage.
- Prices for extra weight are flat fees per bag and direction and not per kg of additional weight.
|Bag/weight||Up until 22 hours before departure||At the airport within 22 hours of departure|
|Additional bag/item||DKK 270/NOK 295/SEK 295/EUR 30/USD 40||DKK 380/NOK 450/SEK 450/EUR 49/USD 65|
|-||+ DKK 190/NOK 240/SEK 240/EUR 26/USD 34|
|-||+ DKK 380/NOK 450/SEK 450/EUR 49/USD 59|
You can pay for extra baggage using EuroBonus points if you check in on SAS' website.
|Bag/weight||SAS flights from Scandinavia/Finland to Europe more than 22 hours before departure||SAS flights within Scandinavia and flights from Europe to Europe more than 22 hours before departure||Less than 22 hours before departure|
|Additional bag/item||DKK 180-310/NOK 199-345/
SEK 199-345/EUR 20-35/
|DKK 180-310/ NOK 199-345/
SEK 199-345/ EUR 20-35/
|DKK 530/NOK 600/ SEK 600/€70/£60/$80
|-||-||+ DKK 255/320 NOK/SEK 320/€35/£28/$40
|-||-||+ DKK 530/NOK 630/SEK 630/€70/ £60/$79
Asia & the US
|Bag/weight||Up to 22 hours before departure
The US (fare classes K,L,T,O)
|Up to 22 hours before departure
Asia/the US (other fare classes than K,L,T,O)
|At the airport within 22 hours of departure|
DKK 399 – 630
|-||-||+ DKK 325/NOK 410/SEK 410/
EUR 43/USD 50
|-||-||+ DKK 760/NOK 870/SEK 850/
EUR 95/USD 110
Baggage weighing over 32 kg/71 lbs
- Only special types of baggage that cannot easily be separated, such as diving equipment or large musical instruments, may exceed 32 kg/71 lbs.
- Any item exceeding 32 kg/71 lbs need to be registered as special baggage.
|Bag/weight||Domestic||Europe||Asia and the US|
(32-45 kg/72-99 lbs)
|DKK 750/NOK 890/SEK 890/
EUR 99/USD 115
|DKK 1 100/NOK 1 300/SEK 1 300/
EUR 140/USD 159
|DKK 1 500/NOK 1 750/SEK 1 750/
EUR 190/USD 220
Changed bag rules
We revised some of our checked baggage policies, please review all relevant baggage pages before you travel.
Effective 1 May 2018 change regarding Special baggage
Any carriage of ski and snowboard equipment, bikes, and golf equipment must be requested and approved in advance.
Effective 7 May 2018 change in member benefit regarding free baggage
SAS will no longer offer free baggage benefits in SAS Go Light to EuroBonus Silver, Gold and Diamond or Star Alliance Gold members on trips from 7 May 2018.
TRAVEL WITH SAS PARTNER AIRLINES
For codeshare flights operated by SAS partner airlines, the operating carrier’s optional services and fees apply. Learn more about optional services and fees on SAS partner airlines by clicking on the links provided below. Please note that when SAS is the marketing carrier on a codeshare flight, SAS baggage allowances and fees apply.
- Fees for our Unaccompanied Minor service are as follows:
- From Scandinavia/Finland to Europe and on intercontinental flights: USD 70 per child and flight.
- For trips from another country to Scandinavia and on our partner airlines, other fees may apply.
- We offer our Unaccompanied Minor service on flights to/from SAS destinations in Asia and the US. If the child will be continuing the trip on another airline, however, this special assistance is not available.
- Scandinavia: 10 USD (Note: VAT applies for domestic flights NO and SE)
- Europe: 20 USD
- US & Asia
- Extra legroom 59 USD
- Preferred seat (front part of SAS Go cabin) 40 USD
- Window/aisle 29 USD
- Middel seat 12 USD
- Pet in cabin (each way) 130 USD
- Pet in cargo hold (each way) 140 USD
- Intercontinental flights 368 USD
- Within Scandinavia/Europe: 165 USD