Winterstorm Harper USA
Due to Winterstorm Harper in USA we are offering our customers travelling to/from Chicago or New York to voluntary change their reservation.
Rebook your flight
Is the departure date of your flight to/from Chicago or New York on 18-21 January 2019 and your ticket number starts with 117 issued on/before 18 January 2019 on a SAS operated flight?
Then your new departure date should be no later than 15 February 2019, please see below options and rules:
1. Change your travel dates
· You may voluntary change your travel dates to a SAS operated flight to/from Chicago or New York.
· You can change your travel dates only if the same travel class is available as mentioned in your original ticket.
· You will not have to pay the change fee.
How to rebook
Log into My Bookings and change your travel dates and/or destination yourself if:
(you need to change country on the website to the same as where you did your original booking).
· Your flight is with SAS
· Flight is not cancelled
· The departure date of your flight to/from Chicago or New York 18-21 January 2019.
· Your ticket number starts with 117
· Your ticket is issued on/before 18 January 2019.
· The ticket is purchased on SAS webb, SAS App or SAS Call Center. If you booked via a travel agent or a
tour operator, please contact them directly.
· Your journey has not started
You can rebook to a SAS flight on another date and the same destination if the same service class, as in the original ticket, is available. The new date of travel must be no later than 15 February 2019.
· The rebooking is free of charge.
· You cannot rebook online if you travelling with a baby, ordered a special meal, are travelling as an
unaccompanied minor, have requested transportation of a wheelchair or pet.
· SAS will not absorb costs such as, but not limited to, accommodation, food and surface/air transportation
for voluntary rebookings.
· Did you book your ticket via a travel agent or a tour operator? Please contact your travel agent to rebook your flight.
How to request a refund for cancelled flights
If you bought your ticket via SAS, your ticket number starts with 117 and your flight is cancelled, you can apply for a refund online, If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them directly.
Milan - closure of Linate airport 27JUL19-26OCT19
Due to runway maintenance, Linate Airport will be closed from 27JUL19 to 26OCT19. Because of this, all our flights to/from Linate Airport in this period are cancelled. Passengers booked to/from Linate will be rebooked to Malpensa (MXP) by SAS. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New regulations from U.S. authorities regarding flights to the U.S.
If you are travelling to the U.S. it is important that you arrive at your airport well in advance of your departure, as you will need extra time to check-in and for security screening.
This is due to additional regulations from U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) affecting all departures to the U.S. as of October 26th 2018.
All aviation companies in all countries, must adhere to the same regulations. This also affects transfer passengers.
Electronic Devices – TSA (DHS – Department of homeland security)
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is implementing enhanced security measures, both seen and unseen, at all last-point-of-departure airports in 105 countries around world. The enhanced security measures are both seen and unseen; however, passengers flying to the United States may experience additional screening of their person and property. There are no changes to items allowed in carry-on and checked baggage.
The enhanced security measures include but are not limited to:
· Enhancing overall passenger screening;
· Conducting heightened screening of personal electronic devices;
· Increasing security protocols around aircraft and in passenger areas; and
· Deploying advanced technology, expanding canine screening, and establishing additional preclearance locations.
For further information:
Fact Sheet: Aviation Enhanced Security Measures for All Commercial Flights to the United States
Travel to France
All French airports except Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Orly (ORY) have border controls for Schengen arrivals and departures.
All passengers must present a valid National ID card or valid Passport when arriving or departing from France. Passengers inhibited to present a valid National ID card or valid Passport will be refused entry to France.