Follow the general recommendations and stay home if you feel sick
We work closely with the authorities in all Scandinavian countries, as well as international authorities and regulators. We recommend that you always follow the general recommendations set by health authorities in your country.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep social distancing
- Follow the guidelines set by local health authorities
Before your trip
You can do a lot before your trip begins. Our digital self-service solutions save you time and help reduce contact at the airport.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Ensure that you meet the necessary requirements to enter your destination
- Keep social distancing on your trip to the airport
- Check in online, using our app or website
At the airport
We have implemented several measures at the airport to ensure a safe journey for you. But you can also do a lot yourself. You should always follow the instructions given by our staff – they are here for your safety.
- Arrive well ahead of scheduled departure time
- All SAS Lounges are temporarily closed
- We have updated our boarding procedure to better facilitate social distancing
Boarding procedureThe boarding procedures have been adjusted to better enable social distancing. We require you to follow the instructions given by the gate staff. You should only start boarding when your zone is called out.
Social distancing at the airportDo everything you can to keep social distancing at the airport. Keep distance in queues at check-in, security and at the gate.
On board your flight
The air on board your flight is kept clean using modern and highly efficient air filters, and we have adjusted our service concept to reduce contact.
- We do our best to seat travelers across the cabin, to create as much distance as possible
- Our cabin crew wears protective face masks on board
- Our aircraft are equipped with HEPA air filters to keep the air clean
- All aircraft are cleaned and disinfected according to EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) regulations
- All non-essential loose items have been removed from the seat pocket
- All meal service is temporarily suspended on our flights to reduce contact
- Hand luggage is limited to one piece per traveler – see FAQ below
Face maskA face mask covering mouth and nose is required from boarding to disembarkation on all flights. We require you to bring your own face mask. The face mask requirement is in effect from 18 May to 31 August. Children younger than 6 years are exempted from this rule.
The air on boardAlmost all our aircraft are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters that are capable of capturing up to 99.97% of microbes, like viruses and bacteria, ensuring a high air quality. The air on board is exchanged every 2-3 minutes. The air on board is pressed down from the ceiling to the floor. This makes it difficult for droplets to spread, as the air flow makes droplets immediately fall to the floor immediately. All our Airbus and Boeing aircraft are equipped with HEPA filters. Flights operated with ATR aircraft has another type of air filter on board, which ensures a continuous flow of fresh air to the cabin.