This information notice summarizes the regulations regarding guidelines for SAS Gift Card.
1. Delivery of Gift Card
- When the payment of the Gift Card(s) is approved you will receive a confirmation per email with a link to download your Gift Card(s). To see and download the Gift Card(s), you need to enter the code selected in the purchase flow.
- If you order a Gift Card you must provide a correct email address for delivery. If the address you have provided cannot be confirmed, SAS reserves the right to withhold the delivery of the Gift Card
2. Period of validity
- Your Gift Card is valid one (1) year from issuance. At the expiry of the validity period, the Gift Card cannot be used for purchase, reactivated nor can the unused remaining value be refunded.
3. Use of Gift Card
- You can use the code on your Gift Card 48 hours from time of purchase to buy travel and travel extras via SAS website or via customer support in a currency matching the one on your Gift Card.
- The balance on your Gift Card can never be exchanged for money by SAS.
- If you have paid for travel with a Gift Card and cancel the travel, or if the travel is canceled, you will receive any refund on the gift card you used.
- The Gift Card is impersonal. SAS is, however, not responsible for the card's validity if the Gift Card is divested, sold or given away. If you are considering buying a used gift card, check the validity and balance of the card before making the purchase. Avoid buying Gift Cards from other sellers than SAS. We cannot guarantee that a Gift Card is genuine if you buy it from another seller than SAS.
4. Loss of Gift Card
- A Gift Card is a value document. SAS is not responsible for stolen or lost Gift Cards
- Gift Card e-mails that have been deleted can be replaced. Contact SAS so we can make a new email to the same recipient.
5. Returns Guarantee
- You have a 14-day return period (beginning the day after delivery of your order) to cancel your Gift Card purchased online and receive a refund corresponding to the full value of the remaining and not used Gift Card.
6. Limited liability
- SAS cannot be held liable for Gift Cards once activated, which subsequently are lost, stolen, inactivated or damaged. Treat your Gift Cards with care. SAS is only liable for proven direct damages and only to an amount corresponding to the Gift Card in question.
- SAS reserves the right to change these terms and conditions.
- All travel and travel extras are subject to specific terms and conditions.
7. Personal data
- Personal data means any information relating to you as a natural person and through which you can be identified directly or indirectly, such as your name, photo or ID number.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and only process personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. How we process your personal data depends on whether you are a member of the EuroBonus program or are a Profile Account holder or a traveler without any particular membership or account with us.
- We have aimed at describing how we process personal data as transparently and clearly as possible in the below privacy policies. We invite you to read the policy applicable to you thoroughly and to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
8. Alternative Dispute Resolution
- If you would like to make a complaint, please contact our customer relations team, more information on our complaints procedures.
- You can also send your complaint to: email@example.com. Any general correspondence or inquiries will not be responded to.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with our final response to your complaint, you can refer your complaint to any of the approved Alternative Dispute Resolution providers established within the Member States of the European Union. An Online Dispute Resolution platform has been set up by the European Commission which provides easy access to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/