- Estimate costs ahead of time
- New! You can now purchase excess baggage when you check in online.
Terms and conditions for excess baggage payment during online check-in
Skis, bikes, golf bags & fishing equipment are exempted from the maximum dimensions of 158 cm. The rates for these are the same as those for an extra piece of baggage and can be paid during online check-in.
- Pay for excess bagage (if you have not purchased it while checking in online) at a SAS Self Service kiosk (in Scandinavia) by credit card. If a SAS Self Service kiosk is not available, pay at the bag drop.
- If you are traveling with excess baggage or your baggage exceeds weight or dimension limits, you will pay a fixed price per piece of baggage. Consult the price list below. Prices are one way* and apply when you travel with SAS. If you are traveling onward with another airline, other rules may apply. Read more about connections
*A one-way trip includes flight connections with SAS and Widerøe. For example, if you are traveling from Umeå-Stockholm-London, you only pay once.
- Baggage calculator. Calculate the costs for excess baggage with the SAS baggage calculator.
- Register excess baggage ahead of time. If you already know that your baggage will exceed SAS' standard weight and dimension limits or have special baggage such as skis and golf equipment, you can register them now. If you have booked with SAS, please fill in the form through the link below. If you have booked with a travel agency, please contact them directly.
Register special baggage
- Cash is not accepted for payment at any SAS station in the US.
*Height+width+length in cm
For safety reasons, each piece of baggage cannot weigh more than 32 kg. If your baggage exceeds 32 kg per piece, please repack your baggage or send it as cargo.
Ski, golf & fishing equipment & bicycles
If it exceeds the free baggage allowance, a flat rate applies for snow ski, bikes and golf and fishing equipment. If you are traveling with only ski, golf or fishing equipment or a bicycle as baggage, you can bring them for no extra charge.
The fixed fee is applicable per weapon. The fee is paid at the airport.
Special baggage weighing more than 32 kg
Some types of special baggage that cannot be separated may weigh up to 45 kg, such as windsurfing boards or large musical instruments. See the chart below for prices. Remember to register any special baggage in your booking prior to departure by calling SAS Customer Contact Center or your travel agency.
*Height+width+length in cm
Note: A bag exceeding 32 kg must be repacked into two bags or sent as cargo. Sporting equipment, musical instruments or other odd/special baggage are excluded from the maximum weight baggage allowance of 32 kg/70 lbs/item unless the item can be split or repacked.
Read more about special baggage
Baggage as cargo
You may check in up to 4 additional pieces of baggage. If you are bringing additional baggage, you can send it as air cargo. Contact Trust Forwarding, a member of SAS Group, at Stockholm Arlanda and Gothenburg Landvetter or through the Trust Forwarding website.
| Baggage dimension |
|Note: The maximum dimension for checked baggage is 158 cm per piece |
Height + width + depth