If you’re traveling in SAS Go, SAS Plus or SAS Business, you can check in one or more bags free. The number and weight of your checked bags depends on the type of ticket you’re traveling on and your EuroBonus level.
If you need to check in extra or overweight bags, you can buy extra baggage in advance.
- You can save up to 40% by buying extra baggage when you book at flysas.com or a travel agency, or when you check in online. You can also buy extra baggage at the airport for a higher price.
- If your bags are heavier than the baggage included in your ticket, you can buy extra baggage at the airport.
Prices for extra baggage
Prices are per checked bag and direction (including connecting flights). Odd size bags and bags weighing more than 32 kg/71 lbs must be checked in as special baggage (see price list below). You can save money by buying extra baggage online (see table below).
Prohibition on powder-like substances on SAS flights to USA
From 30th June 2018, powder, - or powder-like substances in cans containing more than 350 ml each, may not be carried in the passenger’s hand baggage on SAS flights to the US, with the following exceptions:
- Medicines in powder form, with valid prescription
- Baby food and such powder used on small children for body care – in original packages
- urns with cremation ash
Passengers are therefore recommended to pack their powder-like substances In their checked baggage.
For further information, see the website of the U.S. Transport Security Administration (TSA).
The US Department of Homeland Security is implementing enhanced security measures, both seen and unseen, at all last-point-of-departure airports in 105 countries around world. The enhanced security measures are both seen and unseen; however, travelers flying to the United States may experience additional screening of their person and property. There are no changes to items allowed in carry-on and checked baggage. The enhanced security measures include but are not limited to:
- Enhancing overall traveler screening
- Conducting heightened screening of personal electronic devices
- Increasing security protocols around aircraft and in passenger areas
- Deploying advanced technology, expanding canine screening and establishing additional preclearance locations
For more information, please see: Fact Sheet - Aviation Enhanced Security Measures for All Commercial Flights to the United States
We always do our best to help you transport whatever you need on your trip. In some situations, cargo is the best solution if:
- You are traveling with dangerous goods.
- You are traveling with odd size, fragile or valuable items.
- You are traveling to/from Great Britain and Ireland with baggage weighing more than 32 kg/71 lbs.
If your bag is delayed, we’ll do our best to send it to you as soon as possible. Normally, 95% of all delayed baggage is located within 24 hours. Read more about delayed baggage and compensation
Normally, 95% of all delayed baggage is located within 24 hours. In the unlikely event that your bag has been missing for 21 days, you can submit a claim for lost baggage.
- If you have travel insurance, it’s a good idea to explore this option first. Our liability for lost baggage, as for all other international airline carriers, is limited by international regulations and guidelines and can be found in our general conditions of carriage
We always do our best to take care of your belongings. In the unlikely event that your bag is damaged during handling, you can file a report and submit a claim for compensation after the damage is detected. Read more about damaged baggage and reimbursement