By April 25, a new and improved SAS Upgrade service will be launched. You are still welcome to submit a request for standby upgrade at the airport or upgrade with points on Star Alliance.
Press release Upgrade at the airport with SAS
Upgrade with a Star Alliance partner airline in advance
- Available when you fly with SAS to/from USA, China and Japan.
- Upgrade from any booking class.
- Request your upgrade at the checkin desk or at the gate.
- You can use your points to upgrade for family, friends or colleagues, provided you are traveling with them.
- The standby upgrade do not entitle you to priority check-in, Fast Track, lounge access or extra baggage allowance.
- Upgrade with points on Star Alliance and SAS
- Book your upgrade up to 24-hours before departure.
- A Star Alliance upgrade offers all the benefits associated with the class you upgrade to, including lounge access and extra baggage allowance.
- You can upgrade up to four people, even if you are not flying with them.
- To be eligible for an upgrade your ticket must be booked in an appropriate booking class.
Login and choose ”Award Star Alliance upgrade”
Note! it’s no longer possible to upgrade via Option Town.
If your flight is scheduled starting April 25 please contact Optiontown to get a refund.