Travel to Russia- you need both passport & visa
- Passengers traveling to Russia must have a valid passport and visa before departure because it is not possible to obtain a visa upon arrival in Russia. It is important to check that your visa is properly issued. Please ensure that you meet the following criteria before departure:
Read more and apply visa to Russia now:
- Your passport must be valid, 100% intact and include a passport photo.
- Your visa must be valid on the day you arrive in Russia and be in a valid passport.
- Gender, date of birth and passport number must be correctly stated in your visa.
- Pay attention to whether your visa can be used more than once.
- Travel insurance is required for citizens of Schengen countries, the Czech Republic, Estonia & Israel.
- An HIV test is required if you are applying for a visa for more than 3 months.
- If you apply for a visa and will stay in private accommodations in Russia, you must bring an official private invitation prepared by the Office of Visas and Registration (OVIR).
- If you are staying at a hotel, the hotel can arrange an invitation.
- Note the stringent visa requirements for travel to or through Russia. Visas may not show the actual travel dates, which can lead to denied entry with SAS to Russia. Ensure that travel dates match those stated in the visa.