Travel to Russia- important information for flights to, from, domestic and overflying Russia
We have listed the essentials below that you need to be extra sure of before you fly:Passport and VisaBooking - advanced passenger information Passport and Visa
- Passengers traveling to Russia must have a valid passport and visa before departure because it is not possible to obtain a visa upon arrival in Russia. It is important to check that your visa is properly issued. Please ensure that you meet the following criteria before departure:
- Your passport must be valid, 100% intact and include a passport photo.
- Your visa must be valid on the day you arrive in Russia and be in a valid passport.
- Gender, date of birth and passport number must be correctly stated in your visa.
- Pay attention to whether your visa can be used more than once.
- Travel insurance is required for citizens of Schengen countries, the Czech Republic, Estonia & Israel.
- An HIV test is required if you are applying for a visa for more than 3 months.
- If you apply for a visa and will stay in private accommodations in Russia, you must bring an official private invitation prepared by the Office of Visas and Registration (OVIR).
- If you are staying at a hotel, the hotel can arrange an invitation.
- Note the stringent visa requirements for travel to or through Russia. Visas may not show the actual travel dates, which can lead to denied entry with SAS to Russia. Ensure that travel dates match those stated in the visa.
Travel to Belarus through Moscow
- If you are traveling to Belarus via Moscow, it is usually required to have a Russian (transit) visa. For more information and to apply for a visa, please visit your local Russian embassy website.
Booking - as of 1. March 2015.
- For travel to, from, domestic and overflying Russia advanced passenger information must be entered into your booking no later than 24 hours before your flight departure. Information you need to provide:
- Ful name: first name, middle name, surname
- Date of birth
- Type of identity document, e.g. passport
- Number of identity document, e.g. passport number
- It is the passenger's responsibility to provide SAS with these details on time. If you haven't included them when booking, contact your travel agent or, as of 9. March 2015, you can also add them here.
- If you are departing within 24 hours, you must fill out these details when you book.
Travel to the Nordic region/Europe
Travel to the US
Travel to the rest of the world