You can choose seats and check-in with or without baggage online from 1 to 22 hours before departure. Online check-in is available for all passengers, even if you have luggage to check in. If you are travelling with extra baggage, you can pay for it when you check in online.
Payment for extra baggage with SAS online check-in and at SAS self-service kiosks is currently unavailable. If you have extra baggage, please pay at the bag drop.
You can print baggage tags at the self-service kiosks at the airport. If several passengers are travelling on the same booking, they will all be checked in at the same time.
Online check-in is open from 22 hours to 1 hour before departure
Check-in from Geneva, Kiev, Salzburg & Zürich
See which flights you can use online check-in on here
See check-in options at the airports we fly to
About online check-in
- Check-in from 22 hours to 1 hour before departure
- Choose your seat onboard - the earlier you check in, the greater the chances are that you will get your desired seat
- Print boarding pass
- Pay for extra baggage if necessary
- If fare type allows, you can change your departure (only one query)
- Register your EuroBonus card
- Register additional passenger information, such as for trips to the US and UK
- Rebookable tickets can be changed to another departure time. Departure time changes can include a rebooking or waitlisting depending on the number of available seats in the price class in which you are traveling.
- Check in up to 6 people at a time. If there are more than 6, enter the booking reference again and check in the remaining passengers
- Online check-in cannot be used for children who are travelling alone or if you are travelling with pets
- If it is not possible to check in to your final destination, we recommend that you check in at a self-service kiosk at the airport
Which flights use online check-in?
- With SAS and Widerøe
(including connecting flights with a Star Alliance partner as well as Estonian Air and Air Baltic)
- If your first flight segment is with an airline other than SAS or Widerøe, you cannot use SAS online check-in even if the flight has an SK/WF flight number
- With Lufthansa, bmi regional and LOT Polish Airlines departing from Scandinavia
(including connecting flights with a Star Alliance partner)
Use online check-in for flights:
- In Scandinavia and Finland
- From Scandinavia to Europe and the rest of the world
- To Scandinavia from the following destinations
Do you have baggage?
- Check in online and register your baggage at the self-service kiosk at the airport
- Print baggage tags at the self-service kiosk. Use the card on which your trip is registered, your booking reference or 2D bar code on your printed boarding pass
- Leave your baggage at the baggage drop
- If you are travelling to the US, you can go directly to the baggage drop
- If there is not a self-service kiosk and/or baggage drop, you can kan du leave your baggage at a SAS check-in counter
- If two or more passengers are travelling on the same booking and are checked in, we recommend that you handle your baggage tags together
- New! If you are travelling home with SAS from Terminal 4 at Arlanda airport or from other airports in Norway, you can also use the self-service baggage drop. Using the bar code on the baggage tags, you can drop off your baggage. Just follow the simple step by step directions that are shown on the screen. The self-service baggage drop can handle up to two pieces of baggage that weight up to 20 kg each. If you have purchased a ticket that gives you the option of bringing an extra piece of baggage, you must remember to pay for the extra piece of baggage at the kiosk before going to the self-service baggage drop. The self-service baggage drop detects how many pieces of baggage you can take with you.