- 23 kg always free of charge
Always free baggage with SAS. Here's how much you are allowed depending on your ticket.
|Ticket type ||Weight ||Dimension |
|1 piece x 23 kg ||up to 158 cm |
|SAS Plus || |
2 pieces x 23 kg
up to 158 cm
|2 pieces x 32 kg ||up to 158 cm |
EuroBonus Gold and Silver members or Star Alliance Gold members can check in even more.
Click here for details
Infants under two years of age are entitled to one piece of baggage only and one collapsible stroller in all travel classes
- You can always pay to bring extra check-in baggage.
Click here for details and prices
- If you know in advance that you are checking in extra baggage, you can register it before you fly by contacting SAS Customer Contact Center or by filling out this online form. If you booked your flight through a travel agent, register your extra baggage with them.
- For safety reasons, if your baggage exceeds 32 kg, please repack it or send it by cargo .
- If you are checking in musical instruments or other special baggage different weight and size rules apply.
Click here for details
- You can check in up to four additional pieces of baggage. If you want to take more, you can send them by cargo.
- All checked in baggage must be cleared through customs on arrival.
Click here to see what rules apply when flying into Scandinavia
If you are flying long-haul to Scandinavia, there are different customs rules depending on your arrival airport.
Denmark: Customs clearance takes place at your final destination.
Norway: Customs clearance always takes place at the airport where you first arrive, even if your baggage is tagged directly to your final destination.
Sweden: If you fly with SAS, customs clearance takes place at your final destination (with the exception of flights to Hagfors, Oskarshamn and Torsby, where you must clear customs at the first point of arrival). This includes flight connections with SAS(SK), Höga Kusten Flyg (DC) and Next Jet (2N).
If you have goods to declare, you must do so at the first airport where you land in Sweden.
- All liquids or gels in containers larger than 100 ml must be placed in checked in baggage if you are continuing on a connecting flight before you go through security control.
- Park smart: Secure sharp objects so they will not damage your baggage nor injure yourself or airport staff. Fragile or valuable items should be packed in cabin baggage. We recommend that you attach an address label to your baggage. The are available at the baggage drop or check-in counter at the airport. If you are bringing a musical instrument, please pack it in a hard case.
- Different baggage rules may apply if you are connecting to another airline.
Click here for baggage information with Star Alliance partners
- Full SAS conditions of carriage