If you have registered your booking on your EuroBonus card and have checked in, your card will act as a boarding pass. However, a paper or mobile boarding pass is still required for certain destinations and in certain cases at security control and while boarding.
When do you need a paper or mobile boarding pass?
- When you are travelling on your booking confirmation
- When travelling in a group that has charged the trip on the same EuroBonus or credit card. Each passenger requires an personal boarding pass
- When the trip/return journey starts outside Scandinavia
- When the trip continues on another airline
- When traveling to the UK and other countries outside Schengen
Where do you pick up your boarding pass?
There are three ways to obtain your boarding pass: by mobile, on flysas.com or at a self-service terminal at the airport. Printing your boarding pass before you arrive at the airport saves you time and you can go straight to security control when travelling with only cabin baggage.
- Print boarding pass on flysas.com
You can print your own boarding pass for most destinations after checking in on flysas.com. Boarding passes can be printed in black and white or color. Please ensure that the barcode is printed clearly. The printed boarding pass is personal and can contain up to four flights. Self-printed boarding passes are valid for the following destinations.
- Download mobile boarding pass
When you check in by SMS or through the m.sas.com mobile site, you can use the new mobile boarding pass.
- Retrieve at airport
You can also retrieve your boarding pass at a SAS self-service terminal at the airport.