- Simple rules. SAS always allows you to take at least one cabin baggage item up to 8 kg/18 lbs. completely free.You can bring more baggage depending on your ticket type. – consult the table below.
| || || |
| || |
| You can bring this for free: |
| ||SAS Go Light ||SAS Go ||SAS Plus ||SAS BUSINESS |
to/from the US/Asia
|Weight ||0 piece x ||1 piece x |
23 kg/51 lbs
|2 pieces x |
23 kg/51 lbs*
|2 pieces x |
32 kg/71 lbs
| || || |
*For travel to/from/within the US on an interline itinerary, additional airline fees for baggage may apply. If the first flight segment of your interline itinerary in your electronic ticket itinerary receipt starts with another airline, please refer to that airlines’ website: United (UA), US Airways (US)/American Airlines (AA), Virgin America (VX), Alaska Airlines (AS)
- Benefits: EuroBonus Gold & Diamond members can check in two extra items of baggage free of charge. EuroBonus Silver members & Star Alliance Gold members are entitled to one extra item baggage free of charge.
- Infants under 2 can bring one piece of checked baggage weighing up to 23 kg/51 lbs. with maximum dimensions of 115 cm/45" & a stroller or baby buggy free of charge. Infants are not entitled to a cabin baggage allowance. In SAS Go light, no checked baggage permitted except for one stroller or baby buggy.
- Pack smart: Secure sharp objects so they will not damage your baggage nor injure yourself or airport staff. Fragile or valuable items should be packed in cabin baggage. We recommend that you attach an address label to your baggage. They are available at the baggage drop or check-in counter at the airport. If you are bringing a musical instrument, pack it in a hard case. Items such as desktop computers, TVs and microwave ovens cannot be checked in as baggage.
- For safety reasons, if your baggage exceeds 32 kg/71 lbs., repack or send it by cargo.
- Different baggage rules may apply if you are connecting to another airline.
Check here for baggage information with our Star Alliance partners
- Register extra baggage: If you have booked direct with us at SAS, fill in this form. If you have booked through a travel agent, contact him or her.
- You can check in up to four additional pieces of baggage for a fee. If you want to take more, you can send them by cargo.
- All checked in baggage must be cleared through customs on arrival. Click here to see the rules that apply when flying into Scandinavia
If you are flying long-haul to Scandinavia, there are different customs rules depending on your arrival airport.
Denmark: Customs clearance takes place at your final destination.
Norway: Customs clearance always takes place at the airport where you first arrive, even if your baggage is tagged directly to your final destination.
Sweden: If you fly with SAS, customs clearance takes place at your final destination (with the exception of flights to Hagfors, Oskarshamn and Torsby, where you must clear customs at the first point of arrival). This includes flight connections with SAS (SK), Höga Kusten Flyg (DC) and Next Jet (2N).
If you have goods to declare, you must do so at the first airport where you land in Sweden.
- All liquids or gels in containers larger than 100 ml/3.38 oz. must be placed in checked in baggage if you are continuing on a connecting flight before you go through security control.
- Read the full SAS conditions of carriage here.