- Our core compencies:
- Reserving seats for the patient and any relatives and medical attendants
- Providing medical information for the reservation (MEDIF) and obtaining medical certificates for all involved airlines
- Arranging additional and raised legroom for passengers with leg injuries
- Arrranging getting on and off the flight
- Installing approved medical equipment on board if required
- Installing supplemental oxygen for use onboard the aircraft if necessary
- Before you contact SAS Medical Sales, check if travel insurance covers repatriation. If repatriation is not paid for at your own expense and is paid for by travel or health insurance, you should first contact the insurance provider.
- Travel health insurance covers the cost of treatment for acute illnesses/injuries that occur during holidays or study trips. Children and adults are covered in the same manner by travel health insurance. On a basic level, travel health insurance does not cover the treatment of pre-existing chronic illnesses or other diseases prior to the departure date.
- All cases of illness must be authorized by SAS' own physicians. Medical authorization is available Monday-Saturday from 8am-4pm.
- Prices for extra equipment
| || || |
| || |
| ||Intercontinental flights ||Other SAS flights |
|Installing supplemental oxygen ||€335 ||€150 || |
| || || |
Prices are per segment and valid only for SAS-operated flights.