SAS Medical Sales offers the sales and management of patient transport at SAS. We provide support to agents, emergency medical dispatches, hospitals and residential customers throughout the Nordic region.
Our core competencies
- Finding the optimal itinerary and departure whether the journey starts in Scandinavia or abroad
- Reserving seats for the patient and any relatives and medical attendants
- Providing medical information for the reservation (MEDIF) and obtaining medical certificates for all involved airlines
- Arranging additional and raised legroom for passengers with leg injuries
- Arrranging getting on and off the flight
- Ensuring adequate space in the cabin of any stretcher (stretchers not offered March 15)
- Installing approved medical equipment on board if required
- Installing supplemental oxygen for use onboard the aircraft if necessary
Before you contact SAS Medical Sales, it is a good idea to check if travel insurance covers repatriation. If repatriation is not paid for at your own expense and is paid for by travel or health insurance, as a general rule, you should contact the insurance company or health insurance first.
Travel health insurance
Travel health insurance covers the cost of treatment for acute illnesses/injuries that occur during holidays or study trips. Children and adults are covered in the same manner by travel health insurance. On a basic level, travel health insurance does not cover the treatment of pre-existing chronic illnesses or other diseases prior to the departure date.
All cases of illness must be authorized by SAS' own physicians. Medical authorization is available from Monday to Saturday 8am-4pm.
Prices for extra equipment
Prices are per segment and only on SAS-operated flights.
| || |
|Extra equipment ||Intercontinental flights ||Other flights |
|Oxygen installation ||€335 ||€150 || |
SAS Medical Sales
Tel.: +45 32 32 68 98
Fax: +45 32 32 64 72