- Dogs and cats are welcome onboard
- You are welcome to bring your cat or dog onboard a SAS flight* if you have reserved a place for them. Kittens or puppies must be at least 8 weeks old. Kittens up until the age of 13 weeks must also have a veterinary certificate that demonstrates that they are approved for transportation.
- Guide dogs or other service animals (such as rescue dogs) always travel for free in the cabin.
- Book a space for your animal as soon as possible (no later than 24 hours after booking the flight ticket) through SAS Customer Contact Center.
- Other pets besides cats and dogs are welcome to fly with us, but will be placed in the cargo hold.
- Have the cage dimensions readily available when you contact us to make it easier to give you an accurate price estimate. There is a fixed price per cage and per itinerary.
- In certain cases, there are specific conditions that must be fulfilled in order to bring a pet with you into another country. Ask about them when you book your ticket and check if possible with the respective country's embassy.
- It is forbidden to take pitbull terriers and American Staffordshire terriers into Thailand under legislation enforced by Thai authorities.
- You must secure proper documentation for health, entry and transfer for all countries en route, provide the animal with a microchip or tattoo where applicable and an animal passport when traveling within or entering the EU.
- If you are traveling travel to/from the UK exceptions apply.
Read more here
- When traveling with pets, you must fill out a form before departure. Download it here, fill and print it out and take it to the airport. If you cannot fill out the form in advance, it can be done at the airport. The form is not required for domestic travel in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- Large animal cages are not permitted on our 737 aircraft.
Animals in cabin
Animals in cargo hold