If you include your mobile phone number in your reservation, we will send an SMS when your flight is open for check-in. Just reply "Yes" to our SMS and you are checked in for your flight!
A personal link to the SAS mobile portal check-in page is also included in the checkiIn SMS. The advantage to checking in via the SAS mobile portal is that you can choose your seat. For more information, please click here.
You can also include your email address in your reservation. We will then send you an email when you flight is open for check-in. Just click on the link in the email and you are automatically transferred to our Internet check-in dialogue.
SMS and/or email check-in is available on routes operated by SAS (see destinations below) and Widerøe and
- on flights within and between Scandinavia and Finland
- on flights from Scandinavia and Finland to Europe and Asia
- from the following destinations in Europe and Asia: Aberdeen, Malaga, Alicante, Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Birmingham, Bilbao, Beijing, Bangkok, Bologna, Brussels, Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome, Gdańsk, Reykjavík, London City, London Heathrow, Las Palmas, Lyon, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Nice, Tokyo (in Japan, the service is only available on the Softbank mobile phone operator), Palanga, Palma de Mallorca, Poznań, Tenerife, Warsaw, Venice, Vilnius
If you are a EuroBonus Member or a Travel Pass customer and have already subscribed to the SAS SMS check-in service, you will receive a SMS and/or email as usual.
How it works
- Approximately 22 hours before departure, you will receive an SMS telling you that your flight is open for check-in. Just reply with a simple "Yes" and you will be checked-in. SMS check-in closes 1 hour before departure. An SMS will not be sent overnight from 10pm to 7am local time.
- If you have connecting flights in your reservation, the check-in SMS will be sent when all your flights are open for check-in. If you have a return flight on the same day, an SMS is sent 4 hours before departure.
- When you have checked in, you will receive a check-in confirmation by SMS. The confirmation includes your seat allocation and a link to your mobile boarding pass.
- You will be informed about whether a boarding pass is required for travel in the check-in confirmation. You can choose to use your mobile boarding pass or you can print your boarding pass from the SAS Internet check-in service or at a self-service kiosks at the airport. For flights from Beijing, Tokyo and Bangkok, collect your boarding pass at the SAS baggage drop or a check-in counter.
- For flights within Scandinavia or from Scandinavia to countries within Schengen, you can go directly to the gate when you are travelling only with hand baggage.
- If you travel with baggage, collect your baggage tags at a self-service kiosk at the airport and submit your tagged bags at the SAS baggage drop. For flights from Beijing, Tokyo and Bangkok, collect your baggage tags at the SAS baggage drop. For flights to or from the US, please use the SAS baggage drop to receive your baggage tags.
- For flights to or from Beijing, Tokyo and Bangkok you must go to SAS baggage drop for passport registration at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
- Please be at the gate 20 minutes prior to departure at the latest.
Travelling with baggage?
If you are travelling without baggage, you can proceed directly to the gate if a boarding pass is not required for travel. If you have baggage to check in, register your baggage at the SAS self-service kiosk at the airport.
If you are a EuroBonus member or are travelling with a Travel Pass (individual or corporate), you can subscribe to the SAS SMS check-in service.
Log on to your Profile
Choose "Mobile Services"
Check the SMS on your mobile phone
Reply "STOP CI" (from your mobile phone)