See the new SAS WiFi start page
We want your feedback! Share your ideas with us at My SAS Idea
Watch this video to learn more about the service
SAS has taken a first step into the next level of on board entertainment and infotainment. In line with ideas generated from our customers using SAS crowd sourcing platform My SAS Idea, SAS now accelerates focus on creating an even better onboard experience and providing increased opportunities for customers to spend their time onboard.
Initially, SAS will launch the WiFi service with a start page enabling rapid and easy access to content onboard free of charge to all customers in addition to the opportunity to log on to the Internet. All passengers can easily access the content through their laptop, smartphone, tablet or other WiFi device. The initial launch is under way. The first flight was equipped at the end of December and the ambition is to have the SAS WiFi startpage on all WiFi-equipped aircraft in January.
SAS customers will help us develop and decide on future content. Much more is to come, with content categories such as music, games, movies, sports, travel, shopping and news, many of them with customer personalization elements. However, SAS will wait on and collect customer feedback through My SAS Idea prior to further development.
What content can you, among other things, access free of charge?
- Book your next SAS ticket at flysas.com
- Listen to the latest episode (or catch up with old episodes!) of a top-ranked Swedish podcast by Alex Schulman and Sigge Eklund
- Take part of exclusive offers and get the latest news in digital format from newspapers Dagens Nyheter, Dagens Næringsliv and International Herald Tribune
- Browse the SAS Crew Guide for top travel recommendations on our destinations
- Visit the EuroBonus shop
- Join EuroBonus
- Check the weather at your destination
- ...and take the opportunity to influence future content on My SAS Idea – while in the air!
Use your time even more effectively when flying with SAS. Stay on touch with your family and friends on the ground or chat with your colleagues before you arrive for your meeting.
With SAS WiFi, you can continue to be productive even while onboard during a flight. Work online, stay updated with the latest news or simply use the Internet at your convenience. SAS WiFi supports both WiFi and GSM communication. We have begun installing the new equipment across our Boeing 737-800 fleet. SAS currently has 10 Boeing 737-800 aircraft equipped for WiFi and we have tested GSM communication on one of them since December.
Once the the plane has reached a cruising altitude of 10,000 metres, SAS WiFi offers you:
- a fast and powerful Internet connection for your laptop, tablet or smartphone
- the ability to send and receive emails
- data synchronization over WiFi on your smartphone
With the introduction of GSM telephony capabilities on board, you will be able to:
- send and receive SMS and MMS
- receive and make calls
- synchronize data by GPRS on your smartphone
As a courtesy to your fellow passengers, please remember to set your phone to silent mode.
How to get online with SAS WiFi
When you open your browser, you will automatically be directed to our SAS WiFi landing page: www.saswifi.com
- Click the Connect button
- Choose free (for passengers in Business and Economy Extra or EuroBonus members) or credit card or points payment (if you have an Economy ticket) and follow the instructions. Don't forget to accept the terms of service.
- You will then be connected and can use the Internet. Flysas.com will open automatically - take advantage of the opportunity to check out the latest offers with SAS. It is also possible to switch from a laptop to a tablet or other device during the flight by clicking on "Reconnect."
Prices and payment
• Business and Economy Extra passengers: free
• EuroBonus Gold members: free. Note: Don't forget to include your membership number in your reservation to earn points and take advantage of free access to SAS WiFi onboard in Economy as a Gold member.
• Economy passengers: €8 for flights in the Nordic region (including Finland) and €12 for flights in Europe. You can also pay with EuroBonus points: 1500 in the Nordic region and 2500 points in Europe.
Click here for other currencies
The cost of using mobile services (SMS, calls and GPRS) depend on your mobile operator's roaming rates. Note that you will pay international roaming rates in the air onboard SAS even if you are flying domestically.