Join the Danes at fun festivals in Denmark!
The Danes are widely known as the happiest people in the world. Visiting a Danish festival or event is a great way to meet Danes, experience the joy of the Danish lifestyle and enjoy your favorite activities – or try something new and exciting. Delve into modern design and art, watch a lively Viking warrior battle reenactment, kick back at an outdoor music festival, sample the highly praised New Nordic Cuisine and much more.
It is easy to get from North America to Denmark with non-stop SAS flights to Copenhagen from New York, Washington, Chicago and San Francisco. Geographically, Denmark is a small country. With SAS flight connections from Copenhagen as well as excellent roads and a wide-reaching public transportation network, you can easily explore events and festivals all over Denmark.
Cultural festivals and events: art, design, music, gastronomy and more
- Wondercool Copenhagen (throughout February). The Danish capital comes alive with hot events and cool exhibitions during the city’s new winter festival presenting many of the cultural activities Copenhagen is famous for: art, design, architecture, culinary arts, fashion and music.
- 4th of July celebration in Rebild Bakker. Danish-Americans, family and friends gather for the largest 4th of July celebration outside the US.
- Copenhagen Cooking (10 days in July-August). Copenhagen’s foodie festival will have your taste buds working overtime and is a great opportunity to sample the acclaimed New Nordic Cuisine.
- Aarhus Festival (10 days in August-September). This eminent festival fills the streets, stages, clubs, galleries and museums of the vibrant university city of Aarhus with cultural events and entertainment.
- Copenhagen Design Week (one week in August-September every other year). Events and exhibitions during the week attract professionals and design aficionados from around the world.
- Roskilde Festival (four/nine days, June-July). Northern Europe’s largest music and culture festival offers a Woodstock-like atmosphere near Copenhagen.
- Copenhagen Jazz Festival (10 days in July). One of the largest and most respected music events of its kind in Europe.
- Langelandsfestival (seven days in July). Family-friendly festival on the idyllic island of Langeland.
- Skanderborg Festival (five days in August). Billed as Denmark’s most beautiful festival.
Historical festivals and events
- Viking Market in Ribe (seven days in April-May)
- Viking Pageant in Frederikssund (two weeks in June-July)
- Viking Moot market and reenactment in Aarhus (2 days in July)
- European Medieval Festival in Horsens (2 days in August)
You can find the exact event dates and explore many other Danish events and festivals at the Danish tourism website visitdenmark.com/usa.
SAS offers comfortable, convenient flights to Denmark. Find and book your SAS flight to Denmark here More info
Copenhagen Airport – official website
Flights to Copenhagen
Flights to Aarhus
Flights to Aalborg
Book a hotel Rent a car
| || || |
| || |
|Population: 1.2 million |
|Language: Danish |
|Currency: Krone (DKK) |
|Time zone: CET || |
| || || |