51 lbs. checked baggage, food & drink and much more...
The flight to Denmark is 8 hours, so we want you to feel comfortable while you are airborne. We serve a warm meal onboard while you enjoy the latest programming in our personal entertainment system.
Everything is included in your flight before, during & after your flight:
- 51 lb. checked baggage allowance
- 24-hour money-back guarantee
- Online check-in
- Food, drink & personal entertainment onboard
Find your flight and check out the prices right away by using the booking engine or book your next flight to Denmark directly from your phone or tablet.
Copenhagen Airport in Denmark is SAS' main hub airport. Serving over 23 million passengers a year, it's the largest airport in northern Europe. In 2010, Copenhagen Airport was listed among the top 10 best airports in the world by Skytrax.
The airport has excellent facilities and getting to the city of Copenhagen is very easy by ways of bus, train or Metro.
DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM THE US TO DENMARK WITH SAS:
SAS flies directly to Denmark from New York, Washington, Chicago & San Francisco.
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO DENMARK – BOOK EARLY & SAVE MORE
Save both time & money when you fly to Denmark. If you are looking for cheap flights to Denmark, we recommend that you book your flight ticket early to maximize the possibility of finding a flight at the best price.
Remember that we offer a 24-hour money-back guarantee. Book a great deal right away without any worries. Change your mind? Just cancel within 24 hours and you will receive a full refund, no questions asked!
Love a good bargain? Check out special offers to Denmark
TRAVEL WITH CHILDREN ONBOARD SAS
When you fly to Denmark with us, our personnel will take care of our most important passengers onboard. Contact our crew in the airport if it is your first time flying with children. They will know how to take extra good care of you.
MORE COMFORT TO DENMARK? CHOOSE SAS PLUS
It is no secret that the flight to Denmark is long. With a SAS Plus ticket, you can get even more comfort during a long trip. SAS Plus offers seating in a separate cabin, an in-seat electric outlet, a three-course meal, SAS Fast Track - the fastest way through the gate - & SAS lounge access where available.
ENJOY AWARDS AND BENEFITS – JOIN EUROBONUS
Join our free loyalty & frequent flyer program, EuroBonus, & earn points every time you fly with us. Enjoy many other benefits, including exclusive offers for members by email & mobile services with practical information regarding your flight.
You can also earn points when you make reservations for hotels & car rentals with our many partners all over the world. Spend your points for discounts on everything from flights & hotels to onboard or online shopping.
Earn points for your flight to Denmark – join EuroBonus for free
Home to the oldest royal family in the world, Denmark has an incredibly rich history. From its Viking past to its mid-century modern designers, a visit to Denmark presents a myriad of sightseeing options for all varieties of travelers. Copenhagen, the capital city of Denmark, cannot be missed but equally a visit to Hamlet’s castle in Helsingborg or the northernmost tip of the country in Skagen where the two parts of the North Sea, the Kattegat and Skagerrak, literally meet provide a particularly diverse view of the Danish landscape.
Find out about flights to Denmark with SAS today.
Facts about Denmark
Denmark is the smallest country in Scandinavia and home to five and a half million Danes. Danish is the country’s official language, but English and even German are commonly heard. Although Denmark joined the European Union in 1973, it has not participated in the currency union, which would make its sole official currency the euro. Instead the Danish krone (DKK) is used. Denmark is made up of the peninsula of Jutland (Jylland) along with many hundreds of islands, the largest of which are Zealand (Sjælland), Funen (Fyn) and Bornholm. Queen Margrethe II is the head of the constitutional monarchy, though formal executive power resides with the prime minister.
According to Reader's Digest, Denmark is the 10th greenest and most livable place on earth. Danes take great pride in the natural diversity of their country and are known for their focus on the environment. When visiting Denmark, you can enjoy true eco-friendly vacations. One program called Destination 21 (inspired by Agenda 21 from the 1992 Rio Earth Summit) provides sustainable destinations where tourists can enjoy the countryside and culture whilst reducing consumption of water, energy and chemicals—including being able to sightsee without the use of a car in places such as the island of Møn and in Odsherred, Zealand. Denmark also play hosted to the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP15) in Copenhagen in 2009.
Denmark is also a nation of design. Clean lines and high-quality craftsmanship have propelled Danish designers internationally since the mid-century. The design landscape would not be the same without the architectural, industrial and furniture contributions from icons such as Arne Jacobsen, Georg Jensen, Verner Panton and Jørn Utzon. The Danish government has had a design policy in place since the late 1990's and that can be clearly seen and felt with even the shortest of visits to the country. When in Copenhagen, be sure to visit the Danish Design Center and the Danish Museum of Art and Design to see for yourself.
Shopping in Denmark
Your trip wouldn't be complete without an opportunity to bring home a little piece of Denmark. From well-established department stores to specialty shops down the walking streets, enjoy shopping for contemporary and traditional types of clothing, home wares, furniture and arts and crafts. The best known Danish brands include Royal Copenhagen, Bang & Olufsen, ECCO and of course Lego.
Join the Danes at fun festivals in Denmark
The Danes are widely known as the happiest people in the world. Visiting a Danish festival or event is a great way to meet Danes, experience the joy of the Danish lifestyle and enjoy your favorite activities – or try something new and exciting. Delve into modern design and art, watch a lively Viking warrior battle reenactment, kick back at an outdoor music festival, sample the highly praised New Nordic Cuisine and much more.
It is easy to get from North America to Denmark with non-stop SAS flights to Copenhagen from New York, Washington, Chicago and San Francisco. Geographically, Denmark is a small country. With SAS flight connections from Copenhagen as well as excellent roads and a wide-reaching public transportation network, you can easily explore events and festivals all over Denmark.
Cultural festivals and events: art, design, music, gastronomy and more
- Wondercool Copenhagen (throughout February). The Danish capital comes alive with hot events and cool exhibitions during the city’s new winter festival presenting many of the cultural activities Copenhagen is famous for: art, design, architecture, culinary arts, fashion and music.
- 4th of July celebration in Rebild Bakker. Danish-Americans, family and friends gather for the largest 4th of July celebration outside the US.
- Copenhagen Cooking (10 days in July-August). Copenhagen’s foodie festival will have your taste buds working overtime and is a great opportunity to sample the acclaimed New Nordic Cuisine.
- Aarhus Festival (10 days in August-September). This eminent festival fills the streets, stages, clubs, galleries and museums of the vibrant university city of Aarhus with cultural events and entertainment.
- Copenhagen Design Week (one week in August-September every other year). Events and exhibitions during the week attract professionals and design aficionados from around the world.
- Roskilde Festival (four/nine days, June-July). Northern Europe’s largest music and culture festival offers a Woodstock-like atmosphere near Copenhagen.
- Copenhagen Jazz Festival (10 days in July). One of the largest and most respected music events of its kind in Europe.
- Langelandsfestival (seven days in July). Family-friendly festival on the idyllic island of Langeland.
- Skanderborg Festival (five days in August). Billed as Denmark’s most beautiful festival.
Historical festivals and events
- Viking Market in Ribe (seven days in April-May)
- Viking Pageant in Frederikssund (two weeks in June-July)
- Viking Moot market and reenactment in Aarhus (2 days in July)
- European Medieval Festival in Horsens (2 days in August)
You can find the exact event dates and explore many other Danish events and festivals at the Danish tourism website visitdenmark.com/usa
SAS offers comfortable, convenient flights to Denmark.