- The following is the maximum size and weight for cabin baggage onboard SAS flights:
- Height: 55 cm/22"
- Width: 40 cm/16"
- Depth: 23 cm/9"
- Weight: 8 kg/18 lbs.
- Effective 23 May, SAS will perform random inspections of hand baggage at Stockholm ArlandaAirport. The aim is to increase comfort onboard and minimize the risk of delays. The inspections willbe made at the departure gate. Any hand baggage that exceeds the maximum permitted weightand/or size on inspection, will be sent as checked baggage. The baggage can then be collected at thearrival hall at the final destination.
- Extra security checks on electronic devices will be carried out at departure gates for flights to the US from Stockholm & Copenhagen. Ensure that mobile telephones, tablets, laptops & other electronic devices are charged so that you can demonstrate that they operate normally. If they cannot operate normally, the case will be handed over to local police.
Extra security checks on electronic devices to the US from Stockholm
- If you are flying to the US or Asia in SAS Plus or SAS Business, you can bring two pieces of cabin baggage onboard each weighing up to 8 kg/18 lbs.
- In addition to this allowance, all passengers are allowed to bring a handbag or small laptop bag onboard for free.
- Liquids and gels in containers larger than 100 ml/3.38 oz. are not allowed.
- You can bring duty-free goods purchased outside of the EU when you are transferring to another flight at an EU airport. More about the new rules here.
- Goods purchased in duty-free areas to/from the US
More on duty-free to/from the US
Travel to the US
You can bring drinks purchased in duty-free areas onboard. Duty-free goods purchased in Stockholm or Copenhagen, including liquids, gels and spray bottles can be taken onboard even if you have a flight connection in the US.
Read more here
Travel from the US
Duty-free goods, including liquids, gels and spray bottles are delivered at the aircraft.
- Some of our aircraft are small. If you fly on one, we may ask you to leave your cabin bag at the door, where it will be checked in and returned to you when you leave the aircraft.
- There are certain things that you can't carry on board depending on your departure country & destination. More on prohibited items
| || || |
|+ ||A small laptop bag || |
|Or ||A handbag || |